What Are the Key Ingredients of a Successful Early Learning Program?
If you are the parent of a toddler, your thoughts will soon be turning to education and there is a lot to consider when selecting an early learning program. Of course, there are many schools, each putting their best foot forward, trying to acquire more students and in order to assist you in your selection of an early learning program, here are the main ingredients that you would find in a leading nursery-kindergarten program.
- Strong Leader – Much like a company, a school needs to have a strong-minded leader, who is known as the school principal and this person is the driving force, motivating teachers and students alike, while always projecting a positive image and being a good role model. The principal of an American kindergarten school, for example, would have firm policies in place and would have a clear and precise school mission and vision statements that the school believes in.
- Fun-Based Curriculum – Early learning has to be fun-based, otherwise the young children will quickly develop a dislike for learning. The short activities would include singing, dancing and drama, with the emphasis on creativity and developing imagination and the kids would have a say in what they do in a democratic sense.
- The Right Values – A school should have certain values in place, with every person having equal rights and respecting other people’s beliefs. If we make young children aware of respect, patience, kindness and compassion, they will grow up to be fine adults who are a credit to the society.
- Adequate Resources & Amenities – Every school needs to have large grounds, with state-of-the-art sports equipment and a swimming pool. The ideal school would have an IT department, with several computer classrooms and IT should be integrated into the curriculum at about the age of 5, teaching the kids how to use a mouse. There should be an agriculture area where the students can grow their own vegetables and learn more about the wonders of nature.
- Qualified Early Learning Teachers – The teaching staff should be a combination of qualified, experienced teachers with those who are training to be a teacher, with the experienced teachers overseeing the younger trainees.
The best way to commence your search for the perfect early learning program is to search with Google for a list of local schools, then with some browsing, you can narrow down your choice and book a few school tours.